• To recognise excellence in programming that is predominantly talk based.
• To recognise excellence in feature, documentary and current affairs programming which explores issues of special interest.
• To recognise excellence in the production and presentation of a radio documentary.
• A documentary programme is defined as being wholly based on documentary evidence, contemporary interviews, written records, attributable sources and is produced with total regard for honest and balanced reporting.
• It need not be wholly factual; it might also include music, poetry and fictional drama to help illustrate its theme. Emphasis might be on indefinable human qualities, atmosphere or mood.
• Audio must be a maximum of 10 minutes duration and must include full presentation details showing how the programme was introduced and back announced.
• Written submissions must not exceed 600 words. See details below.
Click here to download the written submission template for this award. You will be required to submit this as part of your application. Not to exceed 600 words.